First Visit to Gyane - Part 1

On 9th December 2008, we paid a visit to the Adventist Hospital to look for our choice of gyane, Dr. Zovi. Being the first time doing this, I am a bit nervous and excited. I can't wait to see how my baby look like.

We went there on early Sunday morning around 8.30am.
Yes!! Sunday morning, that's the reason why we turn to this hospital which operate on Sunday. I don't have to take leave for all the checkout. I mean both of us.

After doing all the registration, we have to wait for our turn. As we are walk in for the first checkout without appointment, so I expected to wait longer. But their practice is one appointment checkout after a walk in patient. It is kind of fair to me.

We waited patiently in front the patient numbering system and a nurse came out and called my wife's name. I am wonder, it is 2 more patients before my wife. Later I realize they need to do some pre-checkout before the doctor.

The pre-checkout includes measuring height, weight, and blood pressure and ask some question about her.
Here are the questions.
  1. When was your last period?
  2. Is your period regular?
  3. How many days since your expected period date?
  4. Did you do any checkout prior to confirm the pregnancy?
  5. Is there any bleeding happen during your sexual intercourse?
  6. Is this your first baby?
  7. Have you experience any mis-carry before?

Those are the common question to get to know the pregnant ladies. I am wondering how the bleeding while making love related to the pregnancy. I don't understand. Dr Zovi

After the checkout, another round of waiting before being ask to wait outside the gyane room, Dr. Zovi.

-More on part 2 -

4 comments:

  haan

February 4, 2008 at 8:47 AM

why didn't u ask the doctor ler? i'm also interested to know.

  welovepenang

February 10, 2008 at 10:11 PM

emm... this is the question ask by the nurse... I am asked to go out before the Q&A session... Let's see if i got chance to ask the nurse next visit.

Thanks... :)

  haan

February 11, 2008 at 7:33 AM

ok.. then share with us.. u r gonna learn more.. due to your baby :)

  welovepenang

February 11, 2008 at 7:34 AM

yaya... I am going to blog more starting tomorrow.. I had left behind for sometime on the actual progress vs the blog report... hihi.... will catch up soon..